If you are stopped and arrested for a DUI, there are certain pieces of information that your Orange County drunk driving lawyer will want to know about the events that took place at the time of the arrest. The following is a short checklist of things that you should keep in mind so that your attorney can prepare the best case possible for you.
With respect to the arrest itself:
- Did law enforcement search your vehicle, and if so, was anything found?
- At what point in the process did the officer tell you that you were under arrest?
- Were you put in handcuffs?
- Was a videotape or audiotape made, or were pictures taken during the stop?
- Were you read your Miranda rights, and did you waive those rights or stay silent?
- Did you request an Orange County drunk driving lawyer?
- Were you on a diet when you were arrested?
- How much sleep had you gotten over the previous two days?
- Had you taken any medications recently?
- Do you suffer from any physical disabilities or do you have balance problems?
- Do you have any mental health problems?
- Did you burp or throw up during the required observation period?
- How many breath samples did you give?
- Did you have any problems giving a sample?
- Did the operator disturb your breathing pattern at any time during the test?
- Did the operator make you hold your breath for any amount of time prior to blowing?
- Were you tested on more than one machine?
Your attorney will also want to know about your health at the time of the arrest:
Regarding the breath test:
If you have gotten a DUI, and you need an Orange County drunk driving lawyer to help you with your case, please call Chad Maddox at (714) 695-1500 for a free consultation.